TRW introduces a folding steering wheel, saying the concept could improve driver comfort when entering and exiting the vehicle. The retractable wheel consists of two handles that fully close, making a smaller-shaped wheel that can be stowed in the dashboard. Upon startup, the wheel deploys into the driving position, TRW says. It also boasts memory position settings so a driver can adjust it according to individual preferences. “The automotive industry is being influenced by some key ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.