Federal-Mogul unveils high-voltage cables that will help protect occupants of electric and hybrid-electric vehicles in the event of a crash. A new material the supplier calls “CrushShield” surrounds the cables to prevent errant current flow. CrushShield also meets new U.S. federal vehicle safety regulations and is already in production for a market-leading hybrid vehicle, the supplier says. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 305, which takes effect Sept. 1, requires manufacturers ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.