Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas chooses Berea, KY, as the site of its third manufacturing facility in that state. The plant, which used to produce electrical products, will manufacture motors to power advanced hybrid electric-powered vehicles, including the Chevrolet Volt. Hitachi is investing $74.5 million in the facility, which will create 130 jobs. The company produces suspension and brake components elsewhere in Berea, and manufactures automotive electronics in Harrodsburg, KY. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.