Tower Automotive Inc. says it’s moving production of frames for Ford Motor Co.’s Ranger pickup from its current site in Milwaukee to its Bellevue, OH, business unit. A Tower official says the move will result in improved returns on an existing frame platform. Relocation will be complete in June 2004, says Tower, with annual cash savings of about $10 million. Some 250 workers in Milwaukee are affected. However, Tower will continue to employ about 560 people there. Intermet Corp. will close ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.