TRW unveils a new “bag-in-roof” airbag system that replaces passenger airbags typically mounted in the instrument panel. The new airbag can help mitigate passenger injuries, while saving IP space to allow for improved design aesthetics, ergonomics and functionality, the supplier says. The system, which eliminates the need to design a dashboard “door” to accommodate airbag deployment, is compatible with a wide range of vehicle architectures. The product was designed in “close ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.