BorgWarner Inc. will produce engine-timing systems for Fiat Powertrain Technologies' new 2-cyl. Twin-Air engine, including a 65-hp naturally aspirated and 85- and 105-hp turbocharged variants. The only 2-cyl. car engine available in Europe, the new Twin-Air mill achieves the lowest emissions for a gasoline-powered vehicle, emitting just 95 g/km of carbon dioxide, BorgWarner says. Debuting in the Fiat 500 this fall, the engine is expected to be available in several other small cars. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.