General Motors Corp., Ford Motor Co. and Chrysler LLC reportedly are seeking backup suppliers in case production is halted at Plastech Engineered Products Inc. A proposed $200 million bailout by the Detroit Three auto makers and Johnson Controls Inc. to stablize the struggling supplier now appears uncertain. The four parties unsuccessfully attempted a $46 million bailout of Plastech, the industry's largest minority-owned supplier, in early 2007. GM reportedly has sought quotes from other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.