CANBERRA – Mitsubishi Motors Australia Ltd. is forced to halt production due to a 24-hour strike at seat supplier Henderson Automotive. The Henderson strike follows a breakdown in contract talks between the supplier and the Australian Mfg. Workers Union. The union in recent months has stepped up its campaign to secure dozens of expiring contracts within the automotive sector. (See related story: Aussie Union Threatens More Supplier Strikes) A union spokesman tells media Henderson refused ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.