SUNDERLAND, U.K. – By changing most of its supply base for the new Micra just launched here, Nissan Motor Mfg. (U.K.) Ltd. has cut the cost of manufacturing the car from $7,661 for the old version to $5,808. Nissan's Sunderland plant to rely less on U.K. suppliers. There were two factors: getting away from supplies purchased in British pounds, and going to higher volumes thanks to switching to a shared platform with Renault SA. The strength of the British pound compared to the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.