PARIS – U.S. Big Three engineers and purchasing executives have changed their attitude toward cockpit modules that can tie together everything from the instrument panel to the foot pedals, key Europe-based suppliers say. "Four years ago we couldn't get a hearing," says Anton Mindl, an executive vice president of SiemensVDO Automotive. "Now they are listening. They have embraced the European concept of cockpit modules." The concept aims at reducing final assembly time by purchasing a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.