A new survey by Syncata Corp. shows only 8% of automotive companies, which include both vehicle and equipment manufacturers, are ready to comply with the U.S. government’s new TREAD (Transportation, Recall, Enhancement, Accountability and Documentation) Act. Under TREAD, auto companies will be required to submit summaries of consumer complaints, warranty and legal claims, and field reports to the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. beginning April 1, 2003. “Given the potential of ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.