The National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. reportedly has granted approval to Miami-based Cross Lander U.S.A. Inc. to sell the Romanian Cross Lander 244X SUV in the U.S. without airbags until May 2008. NHTSA’s approval of the vehicle stems from its finding that Cross Lander, which lost more than $5 million in 2004, would go out of business without the exemption. U.S. vehicle safety regulations call for all vehicles weighing less than 5,500 lbs. (2,495 kg) to have driver and front ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.