Porsche AG's upcoming sport/utility (SUV) vehicle due in showrooms in early calendar 2002 will be about the size of a Jeep Grand Cherokee, but with all of the image and prestige associated with the sports car maker, says Fred Schwab, president and chief executive officer of Porsche Cars North America Inc. “Whatever segment we enter we have to be the performance king,” Mr. Schwab says. “Our SUV will have the Porsche heart and soul — as well as running gear.” Mr. Schwab says the Porsche ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.