MARION, SC – The popularity of SUVs and the continued healthy market for minivans in North America has opened the door – literally – to new opportunities for ArvinMeritor Inc. This small town an hour northwest of Myrtle Beach is home to ArvinMeritor’s sole North American plant for producing gas springs, which provide the familiar “whooshing” sound each time a lift gate opens on an SUV or minivan. Gas springs also are used to prop up hoods and deck lids. The supplier’s research indicates ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.