North American production capacity will continue to shift toward trucks, especially sport/utility vehicles, for the next three years before leveling off, according to an analysis of manufacturer assembly plant plans by Ward's Automotive Reports. The analysis estimates available straight-time capacity by manufacturer, plant, vehicle and segment. “Available” straight-time is straight-time capacity less normal vacation and holiday shutdowns, as well as estimated production losses for major ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.