American Suzuki Motor Corp. is counting on a new bigger sport/utility vehicle (SUV) to help add a spark to its U.S. sales resurgence. The SUV, which will be shown this week in Detroit, is the largest ever for the Japanese importer. Although based on the Grand Vitara, the XL6 concept is closer in size to a Nissan Pathfinder and has more interior space (it can seat six with an optional third-row seat). Under the hood will be an engine larger than the Grand Vitara's 2.5L V-6, but Suzuki ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.