CHONGQING — Suzuki Motor Corp. gets approval to build a second passenger car model at its joint venture with Chongqing Chang'an Automotive Co. Ltd. The JV, Chongqing Chang'an Suzuki Automobile Co. Ltd., plans to build the 5-seat, 1.0L Lingyang model, based on the Suzuki Cultus/Esteem/Baleno platform. The model will be priced from RMB90,000 to RMB100,000 (US$10,900 to US$12,000). Production of the Lingyang begins at the plant in September, and the venture plans to build 6,000 of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.