Suzuki Motor Corp. has cut its holding in Chongquing Changan Automobile Co. Ltd. by more than half to 4.984%. Suzuki reportedly sold a total of 61.37 million B shares in Changan, 5.003% of its share capital. Suzuki now holds 61.13 million shares in the auto maker, or 4.984%. Changan and Suzuki have a joint venture to make compact cars. Changan also currently is building a $98 million 50/50 assembly plant with Ford Motor Co. that is slated to begin production in fourth quarter 2002. It is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.