Suzuki Motor Corp. reportedly is considering gaining control of the Suzuki franchise in Malaysia from distributor DRB-Hicom Bhd. The Edge newspaper quotes unnamed sources as saying Suzuki wants at least a 51% controlling stake in DRB-Hicom’s Suzuki Malaysia Automobile Sdn Bhd. "Suzuki Motor will direct and strategize over matters such as marketing and pricing of vehicles,” the source says. The development comes after DRB-Hicom recently gave up its control in the Chevrolet franchise to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.