SAN ANTONIO – American Suzuki Motor Corp. is adding a new 4-cyl. mill to the Grand Vitara cross/utility vehicle, as well as an all-new V-6. The engine changes are just two among many changes American Suzuki has made to the refreshed model for ’09, hoping they will differentiate the Grand Vitara both from competitors and Suzuki’s larger XL7 CUV. Suzuki had high hopes for the Grand Vitara in the U.S. when it launched the current generation in 2005, targeting sales of 40,000 units ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.