The CAMI Automotive Inc. plant in Ingersoll, Ont., is modern, efficient and half empty. The joint venture of General Motors and Suzuki is described by officials of both companies as one of their most significant collaborations in a history that dates back more than 20 years. It is Suzuki’s manufacturing base in North America. Osamu Suzuki, chairman and chief executive of the Japanese company bearing his name, says CAMI was founded in 1989 to introduce the “liter car” as an antidote to ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.