VANCOUVER – Suzuki Motor Corp. launches the third-generation '06 Grand Vitara with an old engine, but new powertrains are in the works as it seeks to grow and reposition the brand in the U.S. The 2.7L DOHC V-6 in the new 5-passenger Grand Vitara cross/utility vehicle is borrowed from the Suzuki XL-7 midsize SUV. (See related story: Grand Vitara Reinvented as Aggressive CUV) '06 Suzuki Grand Vitara But the 10-year-old engine has been modified for the Grand Vitara, says Koji Yamada, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.