Suzuki Motor Corp.’s plans to build passenger cars, diesel engines and motorcycles in India are causing concern for domestic partner Maruti Udyog Ltd. New 0.6 L Suzuki Alto may be built in India for global markets. The compact car maker’s stock has taken a beating since its Japanese parent this month announced plans to set up a wholly owned plant to build common-rail diesel engines, plus a plant to make passenger cars through a joint venture with Maruti, which currently builds 500,000 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.