LOS ANGELES – American Suzuki Motor Corp. is showing the GSX-R/4 concept car, a vehicle billed as part motorcycle concept and part car, at the 2002 Los Angeles Auto Show, which opened to the media this week. The GSX-R/4 features the 1.3L engine of the GSX1300R Hayabusa motorcycle and hand-shifted 6-speed sequential transmission. American Suzuki also debuts the Formula Hayabusa race car in the U.S., which was designed for a new Japanese one-make competition series.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.