Suzuki Motor Corp. confirms it will take a 14.9% stake in GM Daewoo Auto and Technology, the new auto maker created by General Motors Corp. – which holds a 20% stake in Suzuki – from the assets of the failed Daewoo Motor Co. Ltd. Suzuki reportedly will pay $89 million for the stake. Suzuki says it made a decision on the Daewoo stake quickly due to the potential for expansion in the Asia/Pacific region. Suzuki says parts sharing and vehicle co-development with GM and the new Daewoo is a ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.