The mischievous might call it “four play” as Ford Motor Co. comes tantalizingly close to the 400-hp mark with its ’03 SVT Mustang Cobra. Unveiled Feb. 7 at the Chicago Auto Show, the first new SVT Cobra since the ’01 model year is expected to generate 390 hp, 70 more ponies than its previous incarnation. And it uses a 6-speed Tremac manual transmission to get there, joining 170-hp stablemate SVT Focus – which bowed in Chicago last year – as the only Ford production vehicles to boast six ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.