ALTON, VA – Logo design: $1,500. Price tag for developing a vehicle variant: millions. Cost benefit derived by OEM from "halo" car: priceless. That’s how Ford Motor Co.’s Special Vehicle Team (SVT) describes its worth to its parent organization. Ford Mustang Cobra "It’s tough to quantify using traditional metrics," says Tom Scarpello, SVT sales and marketing manager. "How do you put a dollar value on the image benefit, the awareness, the excitement you create?" Ford tracks ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.