WASHINGTON – Air suspension systems, “lane-keeping support” and tire performance sensors bode well for auto makers and regulators intent on preventing rollovers, says Continental-Teves AG. Helmut Fennel, vice president-control strategies of the Frankfurt-based component supplier, tells Society of Automotive Engineers Government/Industry Meeting delegates that 4-corner air suspension systems can provide a significant hedge against rollovers because they offer leveling capabilities that can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.