Ford Motor Co. confirms it will discontinue the Thunderbird 2-seat convertible following the ’05 model year, although it leaves the door open for future versions of the vehicle. Production of the vehicle at Ford’s Wixom, MI, plant will cease in July, and some 200 blue-collar jobs will be cut as a result, a spokeswoman tells Ward’s.(See related story: Union Confirms New Ford Product for Atlanta) Rather than layoffs, the auto maker promises it will reroute the workers to other plants, she ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.