TAIPEI – Chinfon Group says it plans to begin assembling light trucks and minibuses in Vietnam. Vietnam Prime Minister Phan Van Khai has agreed in principle with the project, meaning the company can move ahead with the plan, a Chinfon official says. Once the final go-ahead is given, Chinfon will begin assembling vehicles at a plant belonging to its local subsidiary, Vietnam Mfg. and Export Processing Co. Ltd. Chinfon is prepared to spend $70 million to set up a production line capable ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.