An ugly secret is causing Ford Thunderbird owners to blow their tops, Ward’s has learned. Ford has fix planned for paint-scuffing problem plaguing Thunderbird's removable hardtop. About 90% of the more than 20,000 ’02 Thunderbirds sold by the auto maker feature a removable hardtop. But when deployed, the bottom edge – which is trimmed with a gasket – rubs against the painted surface of the rear deck lid. As a result, disgruntled owners say, paint gets smudged, scuffed and – in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.