Tan Chong International will assemble Subaru compact cross/utility vehicles from complete-knocked-down kits at its plant in Malaysia for sale there and in Thailand and Indonesia. Tan Chong’s wholly owned subsidiary, Tan Chong Motor Assemblies, says in a statement it has an agreement with Fuji Heavy Industries for the venture, scheduled to run through December 2015. Fuji will provide technical training and assistance, sell assembly-kit parts as well as aftermarket parts, and license Tan ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.