PUNE – Tata Motors Co. Ltd. is developing a West African hub at Senegal, similar to one it has in South Africa. The Indian auto maker is planning the export, assembly and manufacture of small cars, buses and trucks in Senegal and has plans to establish similar hubs in North and East Africa, as well. Eventually, the company may produce a small car dedicated to the African markets. Senegal, which does not build cars, imports those made by Renault SA and PSA Peugeot Citroen. The country, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.