Less than nine months after acquiring Jaguar Land Rover from Ford Motor Co. for $2.3 billion, India’s Tata Motors Ltd. is asking the British government for financial backing. The move has caught the U.K. by surprise, as Tata’s takeover of the luxury marques in March was in itself considered a bailout. Critics say Tata should have been aware of the significant investment that would be required to rebuild the subsidiary’s reputation in order to bring earnings up to sustainable levels. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.