MUMBAI – TELCO’s auto-making unit, Tata Engineering, looks as if it has successfully fought back from the lost market share and the huge losses it suffered two years ago. By upgrading its Indica car and cutting costs, it has turned things around, including more sporty and elegant models on the horizon. Tata now is surging ahead with its Indica V2. For the last five months, the car has topped sales goals. January sales at 7,400 units jumped 148% over like-2001, restoring Tata’s 25% market ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.