The newly launched Xenon 1-ton pickup truck was developed and built in Thailand after detailed research into consumer needs, Tata Motors Ltd. Managing Director Ravi Kant says during the vehicle’s launch at the recent Bangkok International Motor Show. Tata has spent 1.3 billion baht ($42.8 million) to produce pickups at a 70-30 joint venture plant in Samut Prakan, Thailand, with Thornburi Automotive Assembly Plant Co. The facility, which also produces Mercedes-Benz cars, has full capacity ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.