The airbags on Ford Motor Co.’s ’00 Taurus/Sable midsize cars are being investigated by the National Highway Traffic Safety Admin. because they may not inflate in a collision. NHTSA has received 14 complaints and there has been one reported death due to an airbag that didn’t inflate in a 43-mph (69 km/h) crash. Some 480,000 vehicles are being investigated and could be recalled if the U.S. government agency finds a widespread defect.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.