RESTON, VA – Europe’s largest-volume seller of turbodiesel engines for light vehicles, Volkswagen AG, unleashes to its Volkswagen of America arm two new diesel-powered models to magnify the auto maker’s exposure of diesel power to North American customers. With U.S. gasoline prices continuing to spike in excess of $2 per gallon, VWoA couldn’t have picked a more opportune time to expound the gospel of the new-age diesel. Touareg TDI mightier than the brawny Hummer. And although its ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.