Studies show that incorrect tire pressure is a factor in about 16% of auto accidents, so it's not surprising that tire monitoring systems are becoming more sophisticated. SmarTire Systems Inc. agrees in principle to enter a licensing arrangement to use UK-based Transense Technologies plc's Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) technology in its automotive tire monitoring system. SAW boasts a few advantages over similar products in the market, most notably its freedom from battery power and additional ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.