Ford Motor Co. will debut “Active Park Assist,” an automated parallel-parking system, as an option on the ’10 Lincoln MKS sedan and Lincoln MKT cross/utility vehicle. First reported by Ward’s earlier this year, the system combines an ultrasonic-based sensing system with Ford’s Electric Power-Assisted Steering to position the vehicle for parallel parking, calculate the optimal steering angle and steer it into a parking space. “With the touch of a button, Lincoln MKS and MKT drivers can ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.