It started out as just a small contract held by a company Teleflex Automotive acquired in 1997. Teleflex, a major supplier of automotive cables and shifter control systems, wanted Comcorp Technologies of Warren, MI, for its expertise in “drive by wire” electronic throttle controls, which are starting to replace traditional throttle cables. Since then that one small contract for adjustable pedals on some Ford Expeditions has blossomed into much, much more. Besides now being offered as ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.