Regulators and lawyers are watching dealers like hawks – and finance and insurance troubles can arise even for the largest dealer groups. It pays to be extra-vigilant in the F&I office, where so many contracts are proposed, sold or rejected. In the latest dealer-beware action, UnitedAuto Group’s Covington Pike Toyota was sued in Memphis, TN, for allegedly adding a “finance reserve” to a loan policy without disclosure. Plaintiff, Lori James won class-action status from a state court ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.