HIGHLAND TWP., MI – General Motors Co. considers the styling direction of its GMC division a blank slate, pointing to the all-new ’10 Terrain cross/utility vehicle as one possible path among many for the 97-year-old nameplate. GM also calls the 5-passenger CUV the beginning of the end for badge engineering. “GMC has not traditionally been a brand within itself – lots of rebadging” Steve McCabe, exterior designer on the Terrain, tells Ward’s during a preview of the vehicle here. “With ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.