WEST POINT, GA – It would have been a grand celebration for this small city on the Alabama border 65 miles (105 km) southwest of Atlanta, but unfortunately the guest of honor failed to show up and the hoopla has been postponed. April 26 was to be the formal groundbreaking for a new $1.2 billion, 2-million-sq.-ft. (185,800-sq.-m) Kia Motors Corp. assembly plant scheduled to begin operations here two years from now. The first cars are to be built in 2009, reviving a region hit hard in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.