The Federation of Thai Industries predicts Thailand's 2005 vehicle production could fall 12% from the projected 1 million units because of the economic impact of the Indian Ocean tsunami disaster. A Federation spokesman says there will be a negative impact on car demand in the six affected provinces, where consumers have more immediate priorities. Ford builds Ranger pickup in Thailand. Thailand was one of 11 Southeast Asian countries hit by catastrophic tsunamis (walls of water) ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.