The rules for Thailand's proposed Best Little Car/EcoCar project have been changed in a move intended to convince Toyota Motor Thailand to take part in the program. Originally, the requirement was for the car's width not to exceed 5.2 ft. (1.6 m), but this has been increased to 5.3 ft. (1.63 m). The maximum length of 11.8 ft. (3.6 m) remains the same. However, fuel consumption now must be no less than 47 mpg (5L/100 km), up from the original 42 mpg (5.6L/100 km). And the engine size must ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.