Thaksin Shinawatra, Thailand’s prime minister, says DaimlerChrysler AG should consider shifting some production of its Mercedes-Benz luxury cars to his country. Shinawatra, who met with top German executives in mid-November, reportedly pointed out that BMW AG had entrusted Thai workers with production of its top-end 7-Series. He also stressed that Thailand offers sufficient incentives to attract top-name foreign car makers and has created tax cuts aimed at promoting local auto making.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.