Total vehicle sales in Thailand for 2001 rose over prior year, with Toyota Motor Corp. and Isuzu Motors Ltd. keeping their top ranks. Domestic motor vehicle sales, despite being up 13.3% to 297,052 units, fell short of target, which had been downwardly revised to 300,000 from 320,000 set earlier in the year. Car sales rose 25.7% to 104,502 vehicles, while sales of 1-ton pickups – Thailand’s top-selling segment – increased 11.2% to 168,639 units. Market-leader Toyota boasted a 28.1% ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.