Thai new-vehicle sales fell 3.0% to 682,500 units in 2006 amid growing political and economic instability. The new-car segment edged up 2.0% to 191,885 units. Commercial-vehicle sales slid 4.8% to 490,615 and, within it, the 1-ton pickup truck segment declined 4.2% to 449,796. Despite the overall drop, Toyota Motor Thailand Co. Ltd. boosted sales to 289,108 units to capture 52.4% of the market, with increases in both the passenger- and commercial-vehicle segments. Toyota sold a total ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.