Opportunities worth between $300 million-$500 million exist within the U.S. replacement market for Thailand's smaller parts suppliers, Thai Auto Parts Manufacturers Assn. Vice President Sookjai Leungmekul tells reporters. "There is a vast opportunity to promote the export of Thai auto parts," he says. Last year, Thailand exported about 266 billion baht ($7 billion) worth of vehicles and 190 billion baht ($5 billion) in automotive parts to the U.S. But Sookjai says competition among ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Printer-friendly" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.